1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with bid for a laneway

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by morrisj2, Sep 23, 2014.

1. morrisj2

morrisj2 Member
    from Toronto

The laneway is 4278 square feet.

Using a dodge ram 2500

Salt is priced separate.

Property is in Toronto, Canada.

Price is for the season.

I realize pricing is different for everyone it would also help me if I could get an idea of how long it will take to plow

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

30.00 dollars

3. morrisj2

morrisj2 Member
    from Toronto

I find that hard to believe considering I charge that for a standard residential driveway.

4. cbservicesllc

cbservicesllc PlowSite Fanatic

Hahahaha... priceless... :laughing:

5. morrisj2

morrisj2 Member
    from Toronto

Can we not turn this thread into child's play. I have a serious question that only requires serious replies.

6. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

How many average snow events do you get per season?

7. morrisj2

morrisj2 Member
    from Toronto

I am estimated around 20

8. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

What are you using to plow with and how big? How much snow is your average event?

9. morrisj2

morrisj2 Member
    from Toronto

Plow us a straight blade 8ft. Average snow fall would be around 4 inches.

10. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

How many snow falls a year ?
    Total inches in year ?

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's about 3 minutes of work.

12. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

I'm not trying to be mean here but you have many threads on here for different properties... I mean do you want us to do all your work. That's 10 minutes of plowing at the most! I mean come on....

13. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Read one of the other 4 treads he started today asking everyone to bis everything for him

14. morrisj2

morrisj2 Member
    from Toronto

I am the one doing most of the work, that's why I have jobs to bid on. Just looking for advice and I have already calculated it would take under ten minutes from the advice I have been given. Now I am doing the work to create my estimate sheet from the same advice I have been given. Thanks for the reply to my question, after all that is what this form is for.

15. morrisj2

morrisj2 Member
    from Toronto

Obviously I should of worded the original post better. What I really wanted to know is how long it would take and thank you to the people that took the time to answer that for me. The rest I can work out. As for the others such as Jquck25 I suppose you started commercial already knowing everything! What a waste of time it was just reading your reply. Why bother? And it is a thread not a tread and a bid not a bis.

16. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

If that is the case then ok, but you are new here on the forum so you don't realize how many people come on here and just try and get everyone else to do the bidding for them and are clueless about what to do on their own, and that is how it came across at first, give it a few months of being here and you will know exactly what I mean. Sorry about that, nothing personal. People go out buy a truck and plow and then come here and have absolutely no idea what they are doing and think it is all easy and get way over their heads

My typos are because I just got a new phone and can't type on it with my clumsy sausage fingers yet lol

17. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

But to be helpful, here that would be around 60-70 dollars a push and it would get plowed every two or three inches. We usually get around 20 storms a year with plow able snow and around 85" of snow, so that would be roughly 2400-2800 for the year for plowing only and salt extra.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  18. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

What I charge and what you charge has little to do with the area. it's a excuse/cop-out or they don't know there numbers

What it does have to do with is you and your business.

What are your numbers/overhead?
    After you know this you will have an idea as to how much an hr/push you need to charge to cover your costs and a profit.

now you have the cost of plowing your drive/lane.