1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with a western unimount and a jeep

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 97Wrangler, Feb 23, 2004.

1. 97Wrangler

97Wrangler Junior Member

Hi everyone,

I need some help with a problem. The highbeams on my plow won't work. The lights are not burned out I have already checked that and the relays are good. The problem I am having is when the highbeams go on the factory fog lights turn off and I lose the plow highbeams and only the factory jeep highs work. The lows work fine as long as the fogs are on. Anyone know how to bypass this problem without wiring in a bypass toggle switch for the plow highs.
    Thanks
    Jim

2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

This sounds like a problem I had too. Check the connectors at your front parking lights. They tap into a power wire on your park lamps to trigger the relays to light up the plow lights. You probably have a bad connection there at the tap point. Could be a scotch-lok or similar. Move the wires gently one at a time with your high beams on and hopefully they will come on when you've found the spot thats bad.