1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with a temperamental pump

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by McBrideR, Nov 7, 2012.

1. McBrideR

McBrideR Junior Member

2012-01-26_14-26-05_651.jpg

2012-01-26_14-26-19_274.jpg

2012-01-26_14-26-43_497.jpg

I am new to the plowsite and last year I ran into a problem where my pump would stop working at random times. I would use the joystick and just hear one click at the pump but no movement and this would go out for about an hour and then return for maybe 15 minutes of use. I bought the truck and setup last year and have only used it once twice including today. I brought it to a few places but no one seems to know what the problem is or what kind of a setup I have. It is on a 2003 f350, the plow itself is fisher but the pump is inside the cab behind the back seat. I have contacted fisher but got nowhere attached are pictures of my setup my setup. I figured here this would reach a lot of people on the forum, because I really need the help its driving me crazy. Thanks.

2012-01-26_14-26-05_651.jpg

2012-01-26_14-26-19_274.jpg

2012-01-26_14-26-43_497.jpg

2. mksent02

mksent02 Member

It looks kinda like an assembly off of a dump insert with a valve block. I see a ground wire off in your pic.

3. McBrideR

McBrideR Junior Member

I have since grounded that wire and still same problem, i guess my next question is can this setup be used for what i need it to do left right up down. I just dont understand why one second it will be working and then the next it will just click when i try to use the joystick. thanks for the reply do you know where the ground is on these to make sure i did it correctly. any other help with this setup would be appreciated.

4. mksent02

mksent02 Member

I've never seen that set up on a plow - it looks like my dump insert assembly. My best guess if all connections are good is that the motor is going bad.

5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Thats interesting... I have never seen a plow pump/motor inside the cab of a truck. I have seen them under the hood countless times but not inside. I think thats a good idea. Good way to keep it out of the elements. Not sure I would want to deal with the noise all the time though...

As for the problem, I would bet the motor is on its way out too. Next time you can get it to act up, tap the motor with something solid while trying the plow and see if it starts working.