1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with a snow deflector install

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by chitown sparky, Nov 14, 2011.

1. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

Need help anyone know if you take off the top metal plate befor you install a snow deflector on a boss vxt ploy or do you drill right through it and if so do you go above the screws that hold the plate on thanks for the help.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

There's 3 or 4 (depending on the size of the vee) bolts ontop of the mold board. They are just simple carriage bolts. 9/16 I believe. Unbolt them and you're good to go. I would recommend leaving it on though as that's what holds the top of the poly on. It basically keeps from curling more and shifting upward should something happen while plowing or in the off season

3. chitown sparky

would you drill into those hole or make new ones

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If you have a 8'2" there are 4 hole under that top plate, I alwasy marked that 4th hole. (next to the center bolt) I had to drill that top plate, then I put that C channel back on and layed the flap ontop of that then the flat stock ontop of the flap. Then I ran the bolts thru hole in the steel and bolted everything down.

5. chitown sparky

thanks think i'm going to try and put it on today let you know how it goes

6. chitown sparky

got it thanks for your help it was alot easier than I had thought