1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with a sidewalk bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by DaySpring Services, Oct 29, 2010.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I just received a call from one of my properties. They want me to bid snow blowing their sidewalks for the season. I've never provided this services or been asked to do so. The only thing I have is a 13hp 32" Ariens blower. I'll probably have to hire someone to take care of them, I don't have time myself. I'm a one man show. Anyway, I'm just outside of Buffalo so we get our fair share of snow and drifting. I am clueless on what to charge, Any help is appreciated.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=42...where1=4150 Sowles Rd, Hamburg, NY 14075-7514
  2. Kollen Parsons

Kollen Parsons Junior Member

Roughly 21,000sqft of walks give or take.....measure it accurately.

How long does it take you to snowblow 1,000sqft with your machine?
    Where can the snow go?

17hrs of sweaty manual labor on a good day ;>) (to do the 8 buildings and public/private walks). Using a machine? Cut the time.
    Add in the material/application costs to cover an "event".

What will the trigger for service be?
    Per Time?
    Incremental Depths?
    Do they want seperate pricing for just de-ice services?

17hrs?(your rate) x 16 Times? = Seasonal + Chemical Treatments
    Per Time:
    17hrs?(your rate) = Per Time + Chemical Treatments
    0 - 2 = Hrs(your rate) + Chemical Treatments
    2.1 - 4.0 = Hrs(your rate) + Chemical Treatments
    4.1 - 6.0 = Hrs(your rate) + Chemical Treatments
    6.1 - 8.0 = Hrs(your rate) + Chemical Treatments
    8.1+ = T&M BABY!
  3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of $3500 for the season. I'm thinking about bidding higher only because I really dont want to do them.