1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help with a meyer problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

ok when i bought the now infimous 91 f-250 with a 7 1/2ft meyer with the e-47 pump, the battery wasnt holding a charge because the alternator was bad. So when i was testing the plow it went up and down to the right and to the left , but it wouldnt return to the center after it went left. ok fine i have the plow off right now and i was playing around with the slick stick and i hear the motor engage to go up and to go right and to go left but nothing when i hit it to go down. any ideas. i am looking to hook up the plow in a few hours and i need to figure this out so i can get any parts that i might need

2. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

it wont go powered down, it needs the weight of the plow to lower the ram...

hook up the blade and try it or... hold the stick to down and have an assistant push down on the lift arm.. it will go down then.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2003
  3. Scenic Lawnscape

ahh that makes sense, what about the plow not angling back. is that because the battery went dead??

4. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

the left and right are controlled by seloinoids b and c via the stick... you can stop the blade wherever you want it to stop... full left...full right.. or anywhere in between

im not sure im following you on the return to center thing...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2003
  5. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

most plows are power up, left, right, and gravity down. so if you hook up the plow it should go down fine. if the lift arm is all the way up your going to probaly have to push it down on your own to be able to hook the plow up. just put the plow in the float position and walk around to the lift arm and push it down then it should be in the right place to attach your lift chain.

6. Scenic Lawnscape

the plow is angled all the way to the left, and it wont return to center.