1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with a Daniels Pull Plow

Discussion in 'Daniels Plows Discussion' started by jcesar, Nov 14, 2008.

1. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Ok. I have a daniels pull plow. Worked fine last year.
    THis year, no dice. It will go up, but not down. Checked all the wiring, fluid levels, etc.

For some reason, there is no fluid circulating to move the plow down. Only one line pumps fluid????
    I am confused. any help would be appreciated

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Check your hydro couplers on the plow side and the pump. I had the same problem with the cylinder going up. The coupler probably isn't seated (fully on the male/female) end. Make sence? I could get fluid to flow down like crazy but not up, checked one of my couplers, accually just grabed them to make sure they were on, and the one fell right off.

3. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Thanks for the reply. My plow is I guess a little different. The entire unit, pump, etc is all one unit. The pump, lines, etc, all attach simply to the hitch. Plug in 2 wires and go.
    Actually it is nice, when it works,
    easy on, or off.
    No matter which way I try to control the pump, it runs, and pushes pressure to the up side of the pump. Nothing for pressure on the down side. I took the valves apart, cleaned, checked, removed the solinoids, checked the ohms, etc.
    Everything checks out.

?????????????????
    I am lost with this thing. For some reason, it does not switch to place pressure downward.

4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

so both coils are working correctly?

5. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

yes, other than I think they are supposed to magnitize, and they dont.
    If I switch the coils around, the pump will still go up, but not down.
    Only way to go down, is release pressure from lines, or switch the lines around. Then I have down pressure, but nothing for upward??????????????????????????

Ready to shoot it, that is for sure.

6. elite1msmith

from chicago

did you try replacing the valves

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Did you check your electricall connections on the swtich itself? Maybe one broke off?

8. harley man

harley man Junior Member
    from yes

I had a problem with my plowing not going up it sound like it wanted to, so i switched the wires around and found out that the pump was fine, it was my switch. you can go to google and type in name of unit and trouble shooting it helped me.
    Good luck

9. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

just FYI
    I got it working fine, and it was actually quite simple.

The valves, when tested, were said to be fine. THen I had another company check them, and they found a small burr on one, so there was the issue.

Thanks

10. harley man

harley man Junior Member
    from yes

Great good luck on plowing, it sucks when you have someone look at something that should know what they are doing and don't.
    Tony

11. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Mine had same symptoms...the longer valve was stuck and all I did was stick a very small screwdriver up into the valve body, pushed it and it freed it up. This happened after sitting all summer. So because the pump is mounted under my hood I will be circulating the pump and working the valves a few times during the off season to keep things free.(the quick connects plug into each other under the bumper.)

12. dhadaway632

dhadaway632 Member

My Danials pull plow is doing the exact same thing right now. It will go up but not down, when we switch the couplers out it will push down but not up. Can you better explain what you did to fix yours
    JCESAR? Thanks. Also, my other Danials pull plow, my cilenoid keeps sticking. It just continues to push down for like 30 seconds after letting off the switch. I have switched out cilenoids and it keeps doing it. It sticks either up or down, and it does it on both of my plows so I know it is not in the switch.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  13. elite1msmith

from chicago

how do u know its not the switch?

14. dhadaway632

dhadaway632 Member

I guess I really don't know. It does seem odd that both plows are doing the same thing. Maybe they are both broke? I haven't used one of my Danial plows for two seasons because I keephaving issues with them while I am plowing and I can't afford the down time while I am plowing. they are awesome when they work. When they don't I guess it is just extra traction in the snow!

15. tojay22

tojay22 Member

had the same prob this year with one of mine.

16. Raymondferrara

Raymondferrara Inactive
    from Delavan

Hey, new sale person daniels plow ask question give me call 262-620-4662!