1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with a culdesac

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by JFizzle, Oct 29, 2007.

1. JFizzle

JFizzle Junior Member

Hey Guys.
    Missed you over the summer.

I'm hoping you could give me some help with my first bid. I've been a sub for a few years and am now picking up some of my own accounts.

This is a fairly small culdesac. He wants the street pushed as well as each of the driveways done. (3 drives)

It is a new development so I cannot provide you with an arial photo.

I'd like to drop off the estimate tomorrow so any quick help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Doesnt look like theres anywhere to put the snow in the circle. Not much yard space between houses. Do you have to do walks too?

Hard to tell how deep the street is and the drives from the pics. but roughly id say $200 for the street and between $40 and $50 for the drives depending on how deep they are. Take into consideration where youre gonna put snow and how easy you can get it there. Around $350 total :confused:

Without walks that should take no longer than 25-30min , max
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The town plows ours and they put it in the middle. You could do the drives first and then drive in a circle to clean it up. Then charge extra to remove it.
  4. JFizzle

JFizzle Junior Member

Thanks for the responses.

There are no walks.

Also - I was able to find an arial; as you might be able to see, I could push the snow directly across the street or push it just outside the gate and then parallel to the street.

06HD - thanks for your input! Its hard to tell from the pics I provided, but the driveways are actually quite small.

After seeing the arial, would you still say about $200 for the street?

Other inputs?