1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with a commercial bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by ProScape Canada, Nov 2, 2009.

1. ProScape Canada

ProScape Canada Junior Member

Just wondering what ball park you guys would be in for this lot for the season. It's roughly 6.5 acres of parking and a 1 acre in rear access @ loading areas. 1" trigger, plow & salt. Plus walkways just along the front of the building and around the bank at the top right corner + sand & salt when needed on walks. Roughly 20-25 events.

thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

post a bit more so that you can accept PM's

3. ProScape Canada

ten four, im on it

4. ProScape Canada

Any one at all? Even just a rough price range?

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

What do you have for equipment? Is it zero tolerance? they want sand/salt on walks? why not cacl? where are you to push the snow?

6. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

well, the biggest question i have is what equipment do you have, at a 1inch trigger, you should go through that lot pretty fast, i am going to guess, if you are pushing snow all to one side and you have a decent loader with a 10 or 12 foot snow push, and a skid or truck for edges and tight areas, i am going to guess something around 3-4hours work, so work your hourly rates by that, example
    if you charge $150/hour/loader, and $75/hour/skidsteer, $225x4=$900 or so per push, X20-25, gives you a idea on seasonal (although i would add a extra push or two to cover a bad winter.

7. ProScape Canada

Yep that's way off from what I was around. My original idea was 60'900.

I guess I messed up by 20-25 events I meant snow days where it would be 1" or more. Lots serviced by 6am then maintained as needed if it hasn't stopped snowing. The 3-4 hrs is what I got per push aswell. I've got a skid steer w/ a snow bucket and a tractor with a 12' pusher box and 2cu.yrd salter on my truck. Walkways also have to be maintained, especially around the bank.

As for sand and salt, sand and salt mix on road/parkings. Calcium chloride on walks when needed for ice management or after storm.

8. ProScape Canada

pretty much zero tolerance.

9. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Are you saying you were thinking about bidding $60,900?... with sanding, walks, the whole thing included? If thats the case I think thats what the lot is worth... now whether or not someone low balls it will remain to be seen... also get a pusher for the skid...much faster

10. ProScape Canada

So you think that's fair price? And yea I was thinking about getting a q/c one.

11. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

you are the only one who knows how the hours well work out per snowfall, and how many times it well need to be done etc, i also don't know your area, or the price of salt (alberta doesn't allow salt) BUT, i think it is a bit high myself, i think for that contract, you are going to get someone else bidding it lower. but that is just my opinion. I know i wouldn't get that around here

12. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I my area its a fair price... your area might be different.... Keep in mind I've be underbid (alot of us have) many times this year...... it depends on how many others are bidding on it and how bad you want the account.....

Good luck

13. ProScape Canada

Yea, that's true. Some are straight forward and easy to quote but then you get the odd ones that for some reason should have been more. This ones an all year contract where the management companies not satisfied with the level of work that's been put in so far. Having a higher price in this case isn't a big problem I don't think, more if I have a lower price or a price way to high. Thanks for the help you guys