1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help With a bid please

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by BandBLawnCare, Sep 23, 2014.

1. BandBLawnCare

BandBLawnCare Junior Member
    from Ironton

First year plowing here is our biggest lot so far
    2" trigger with salt as needed. per push

using a backhoe for bigger snows and an 8ft truck mounted plow for the smaller stuff

Thanks for your help!

Just the kroger and its side lot not the lowes
    http://www.rdmanagement.com/files/AshlandKY.pdf

2. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

First year plowing and your bidding a Kroger........Interesting

Lets start here......How long do you think this lot would take with the equipment listed???

If you cant answer this question.......I might suggest Starting with some smaller accounts or maybe even sub for a larger snow contractor and learning the ropes.....Learn production rates and the ins and outs of the Snow Removal Business....Just a Suggestion.....What do I know I have been drinking..........:drinkup:

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I think this year theme is "GO BIG and GO BUST". …..sorry OP. This is just ANOTHER I got a plow, going to make a million thread.

4. BandBLawnCare

from Ironton

LOL I see where you are coming from we provide every other aspect of maintenance to this center they asked us for a bid as well as other locations so we are going to break into it this year. Just looking for some guidance. We really do not get much snow here at all

5. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

What about the back of the store?

6. BandBLawnCare

from Ironton

Yes gc I am sry the rear is included sry I left that out.

7. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

How many square feet is that, I can't tell from that picture. What size attachment you gonna use on the backhoe?

8. BandBLawnCare

from Ironton

Close to 250,000 I believe
    Im not sure about the attachment my in law who has subbed on the property before @ close to 90/hour has that piece of equipment.

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

If the in law has worked he/she may be the best one to ask for advice. Should have a pretty good idea on how long and any PITA factor that will help you work up a price.

10. BandBLawnCare

from Ironton

Well I figure if he was making 90/ hour the company who he subbed for must have been getting close to 130-140