1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with a bid on this property

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by cleansweep007, Aug 27, 2009.

1. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

Just wanted to see if i could get some help on bidding on snow removal for this parking lot. One time push and clean out as many spots that are open at that time. Do you guys have a idea on how long this would take me with two pickups and skid steer ? I generally charge about 65.00 hr/trk and 85.00 hr/skid. Do you all think this is right ? Any advice would be greatly apppreciated.
    Thanks !
    Tim

2009-08-09_00-25_W. 27th st, Cedar falls.jpg

2. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

Just trying to see if my figures are on or not. Not asking for you to figure it for me. Like I said I am new to this and figured I could get some help.

3. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not saying anyone on Plowsite would do it, but you might want to remove the address next time in order to keep "potential" low ballers from going in and putting a bid on the property.

Does the SS have a box blade or just the bucket. My guess is that it will be doing most of the work. Are the pickup blades straight or V?

Make sure you have good insurance on that job. You WILL hit something. Too many cars not to.

Do you have to come back after a certian point of time to clear the rest of the area after the cars have moved?

These are some of the things you need to let us know and figure out for yourself.

4. homerpete

homerpete Member
    from Iowa

Like me lol :waving: dont worry I dont plow in CF.