1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help With 8611 ASAP!!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by TurfSolutionsMN, Dec 26, 2009.

1. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

One of my guys was plowing with it and it all of a sudden quit working so he parked it and got in another truck. I went to get it later that night and all fuctions worked but very very slow. So I took it back to the shop changed the oil and its was black w/ water in it. (Oil is bright blue new) and yes I changed it before the season. So I called the dealer and he said drain both angling cylinders. I could only change one side because the other side was stripped out by the previous owner. Now the cylinder that I drained wont fill up with oil also it seemed right away the plow raised like it always did then I dropped it back down then it went back to slow again. Whats the deal?? I was going to look at the valves but I dont know where to start??
  2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

check electrical connections maybe motor or pump need more info
  3. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I put a new pump and motor in last year.
  4. damian

damian Senior Member

sounds like pump failure,most common cause is bad ground between motor and pump block causing pump motor to find a ground at pump gears and arc between gears and pump housing.the fluid is black from the arcing aluminum pump housing.replace pump w/new and make sure the mating surface between the motor and pump block are free of corrosion.
  5. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

empty the hdro tank and check to see that both of the fluid pickups are on. As far as the plow just stopping altogether, I have a wire piggybacked into a fuse slot in the under hood fuse box that had a bad connection. These were both problems I have had this year. Fortunately easy fixes.
  6. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! FIX THE BAD GROUND 1st. then replace pump. BLACK fluid tell the story along with works once or twice then fails. It is getting a good ground the first time you hit is after it have been sitting for a while. But once you charge the curcit it the bad ground does not hold it runds seraches right back to the motor. I would bet that fluid if already turning black again. The water did not help things either. BAD delaer advice. he should have went right to the grounding issue when you told him black fluid after a recent service.

Ron G.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010