1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help With 3-plug Fisher MM2 8ft HD Seizure Problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Fawcett, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Fawcett

Fawcett Junior Member

Hey guys I've got an issue with my plow and I don't know whats going on with it.

It is a new plow-about a year and a half old only a few storms on it

While out during the last storm my plow kept going into a 'seizure mode'

Usually it would happen mid-way through cleaning out a driveway or parking lot.
    The motor would sound like it became locked on. The hydraulics would tense up and the noise would persist until I angled the plow up/down/left/right. When moving the blade the noise would stop. Sometimes I would joggle the blade around and I could get the noise to stop. Other times it wouldn't stop and I would have to unplug it. One of the tips on the plug was getting hot.

I'm not new to plowing though I am new to this issue. I don't know what to do or what is going on or what to do about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you,
  2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Start with cleaning and checking all your electrical connections.
  3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Well it sounds like the motor is getting stuck on, so first step is to replace the solenoid
  4. Agree...sounds like a bad solenoid.
  5. Fawcett

Fawcett Junior Member

Ok thank you guys, I will replace it and hope it solves the problem