1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with 2010 Ram Boss mounts!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Dig-it Landscap, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Dig-it Landscap

Dig-it Landscap Member

I am trying to install a 9'2' Boss V on a 2010 Dodge 2500 CTD. I installed the mounts without a problem on my 2006 Dodge 3500. I have the plow assembled and wiring done on the new truck, but I can't get the bumper removed because the bolts that slide out hit the intercooler before they are clear of the bracket. There is no room to get a die grinder or saw in to cut the bolts, and too much plastic to use a torch. I removed the top 2 intercooler bolts hoping it would slide up but it won't budge, and I can't find any other bolts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. itr.#1446

itr.#1446 Member

Have to disconnect the intercooler pipes off the intercooler and remove the grill. Dodge has done this since 03 on all diesels when I reinstall the bolts I put them from the outside in so I never run into the problem again.
  3. Dig-it Landscap

Dig-it Landscap Member

Thanks for your help. I was able to get it by unbolting the intercooler and sliding the head of the bolts between the radiator and the intercooler. On my 06 Dodge 3500 I didn't have this problem, i'm not sure why? I'll post pics of the new plow in the picture forum.