1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help with 1999 F250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bsmitty, Oct 13, 2011.

1. bsmitty

bsmitty Member
    from Chicago

Hope someone can tell me where to start with this. I was driving my 1999 F250 with a V10 today and the truck was running great. I came to a stop sign and there was a grinding noise and it then sounded like I was dragging something under the truck. When I came to the stop sign I went to put the truck in park to get out and see what was up and the truck died. I didn't see anything under the truck. Tried to start it again and nothing. Wouldn't crank over at all. All of the electronics and lights worked fine but nothing when I tried starting it. Any ideas?? A friend said that maybe the starter engaged and is stuck, but looking for a place to start. Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

2. Call me tomorrow if you want.7086708504 we can talk about it

3. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

It sounds like the flexplate broke. It connects the crankshaft to the torque convertor and also has the teeth that mesh with the starter, which explains why it won't crank over.

4. Chris112lee

Chris112lee Member

OR torque converter locked up.

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm going with flexplate

6. bsmitty

bsmitty Member
    from Chicago

Thanks for everyone's input. I had time this am to work on the truck and it turned out to be the starter that the shaft was frozen or locked in the engaged position. I put a new starter in and all is well again. Thanks again!

Brian