1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help wiring mm2 with aftermarket/ non stock switches

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by stenny, Feb 10, 2015.

1. stenny

stenny Senior Member

OK so I got a minute mount which someone converted to a mm2 setup but they like made a wiring harness and got these 2 way momentary switches so I am trying to figure out how to wire switches and make sure relay is wired right so I don't mess something up. So I have pics of switches but I just don't understand how this guy wired everything. And how the pump knows when to turn off and on etc. Maybe even add a switch if I need to. I have pics but don't know how to upload them

2. stenny

stenny Senior Member

So guy used a brake controller wire socket as a plug and put the other half on the plow.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Hope you didn't pay that much. Just asking for problems at 2am.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I bet it was on the bargain table, and "take my word for it, it works" wink wink

Asking for trouble. Fix it right with correct parts.
    Why wouldn't that bring a huge red flag capt Ron? Odd switches? Something don't look right? Ah I'll buy it anyway tho.

5. stenny

stenny Senior Member

6. stenny

stenny Senior Member

7. stenny

stenny Senior Member

8. stenny

stenny Senior Member

9. stenny

stenny Senior Member

so what makes the hydraulic pump turn off and on this solenoid in pic? and does it just stay on constantly or do i add a on/off switch?

10. dieselss

Get the wiring diagrams before you do anything!

11. stenny

stenny Senior Member

i dont know how to read them because all my wires are the same color and not stock wires

12. stenny

stenny Senior Member

what is this and what does it do and how does it wire? this is wired the way i got it but i would like to know more about it so i can try to figure out wiring diagram

13. dieselss

Its the motor solenoid.
    Get the wiring diagrams.....it'll show you what wires him where. The proper way.
    Or take that birds nest back to the guy you bought it from, or take it to a qualified technician.

14. stenny

stenny Senior Member

So does the motor run all the time? Or does the solenoid when you press right switch etc turn motor on then off after switch is depressed? Guy I got plow from is 2 hours from me so return is not happening

15. dieselss

No it only runs when you press up, left or right
    2 hours away to return that mess o copper scrap
    Buying a proper harness that works like it should and it'll be plug and play.......priceless

16. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Stenny,
    This can be done if you know wiring. This home made harness should have diodes to keep power from backfeeding to the other solenoids that are not wanted for a particular action. Here is why. Others have posted wiring diagrams using toggles with diodes here. Not a biggie to do if you know what you are doing.

Raise S3
    Lower S1
    Angle Right S2
    Angle Left S2 and S3

17. stenny

stenny Senior Member

How do i know if I have diodes? What do they look like? Where can I get them and where do they install?

18. stenny

stenny Senior Member

Not to ask all the dumb questions its just my friend knows how to do all this stuff but I can't get him to call me backs he was suppose to come wire all this up but left me stranded so I am on my own. What do you mean by raise s3 etc you wrote?

Thankyou soo much for your help I am lost here just need to learn about this stuff

19. dieselss

Take it in or buy the proper harness.

Your in WAY over your head and won't admit it.

Your don't know what a solenoid/relay is, or how it works in the system. You don't know what diodes look like or what they do. You don't want a wiring diagram b/c "it's not gunna help cause your wires are different"
    You bought crap, take it back

20. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with Diesel. Stenny, Fisher site has a plethora of libraries of mechanics documentation which contain everything you need. However, if you don’t know wiring then do not attempt to make this harness work. Again, this can be done successfully (2 toggles) if you know wiring and understand what diodes and other electrical components do.
    The S1, S2, S3 are the solenoids in the valve block of the pump just to answer your question.