1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help wiring an on off on switch

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by SharpBlades, Nov 28, 2012.

1. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

I bought a set of 1000 lumen led strobes n more flood lights. I want to wire them so they come on with the reverse lights, and can be overrode to be constantly on with the center position being off

I have an on off on DPDT toggle switch, it has 6 pins on the back, I know that they can be wired to this switch without a relay... I did it on my chevy, well I should say it was done for me by a friend.

He moved, so now I'm on my own with this... would anyone be able to draw me a quick wiring diagram? I don't want to have to pull the dash apart on my chevy and risk breaking any more of the plastic retainer tabs just to see which wires are connected to which pole.

And before anyone jumps on me, I have searched the site and google and couldn't find any good diagrams that didn't use a relay.

the switch is the one in the link. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062537

thanks! :waving:

2. SharpBlades

....... Nobody?

3. SharpBlades

Never mind. I pulled the switch that I had in my tool chest out and it is a SPDT on off on toggle. I got this... Lol.

I can say that these lights from strobes n more are sweet. Just as bright as my 1000 lumen sound offs (which they should be) and they are much, much thinner, about an inch deep. Awesome product at half the price of the sound off led floods.

Another excellent product from Louis @ strobes-n-more