1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Will Boss cutting edge fit Hiniker 7.5 ft plow (model 2752)

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by LJ Dave, Feb 13, 2014.

1. LJ Dave

LJ Dave Junior Member

Does anyone here know what other brand cutting edges have the same bolt pattern as Hiniker for a 7.5 ft cutting edge? I need to replace mine and there are no local dealers nearby. One person at a plow shop I called told me they are the same as Boss and had a 1/2 inch in stock for $147.95, but I wanted to verify that here before making the 100 mile round trip to pick it up.

2. LJ Dave

LJ Dave Junior Member

So I picked up a Boss 5/8's thick cutting edge today. The boss unit uses 8 bolts to mount it to the mold board frame, and the Hiniker uses 10 bolts. The Hiniker has two bolts on each end that are close together, where the Boss only has a sngle bolt hole on each end, but all 8 mounting bolt holes line up with the Hinker pattern so they are interchangeable.

3. LJ Dave

LJ Dave Junior Member

Here's what the Boss cutting edge looks like on my Hiniker Plow:

[​IMG]