1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help: where to run control harness

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by plowman_25, Nov 16, 2009.

1. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

where do i run the control harness through the firewall on my truck? i have a 2005 chevy 2500hd duramax, and i can't find any hole.

i would rather not drill one but i can if i have to. where are you guys running yours?

thanks in advance:drinkup:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

On my 2002 there is a rubber plug that appears to be where the clutch linkage would be. I ran all of my wiring out of there(light bar, salter controls, plow wiring).

BJ

3. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

thanks, i will have to look there tomorrow!

4. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Chevy stopped making stick shifts in 04 . you should not find one . unless it was built in late 03

edit:
    I just saw it's a d-max my bad they did this on the gassers

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  5. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yes I did the same thing worked out great.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Same here, there is actually a reverse nipple looking port hole, as well as another rubber port. Hopefully there on the late model trucks as well.

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I ran mine through my main firewall grommet

8. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

i couldn't find any place with enough room so i drilled a hole....there was a perfect place for it and all worked out well! thanks for all you help

9. nbannan

nbannan Member

My 09 had the rubber nipple near the steering column, so it does exist at least on the 07+ style.

10. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Is that for real? they stopped making Manuals?