1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help where to mount pump

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by t-dawg1982, Oct 14, 2009.

1. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

have old speedcaster on 92gmc,where do i mound the pump to and controls under the hood,thanks

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Top of drivers side inner fender liner, might have to slide a few things like the washer fluid bottle.

3. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

but I mean where do I hook the pump and pulley up to?

4. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

also where do I run the belt off of and how do u know what size to get

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Take the truck and your pump to your nearest Fisher dealer. They will set you up, and save you much time. Valve body is going to be a bugger in there. They are usually mounted where the ABS is.

7. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

I am only going to use it for my driveway not on road,I have a 2000lb winch I was going to use but I would rather use the controls for the angle,that is why I was wondering exactly where it should mount to,on some of the diagrams it looks confusing,I have a 92gmc with 305

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Well, you could cheat. Go look at some trucks with plow that are for sale. You'll get some ideas

9. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

is it hard to make up the brackets for the pump,I just wanted to know where to connect it to,and the extra pulley i need,are they hard to get the one that goes on the crank?and how much$

10. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

hey guys I just mounted the plow yesterday but i find the pushplates are really low,when the plow is raised they are almost on the ground,I was wondering if I could raise the pushbeam and cut some of the bottom off the pushplates,or if there is an easier fix? thankx

11. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

heres pics i have from a 96 chevy. plow was a 78 off of a 83 ford (frame rusted threw)

i got the pump bracket got threw fisher for $55.

(yes there is no cables hooked up as the old ones were to short by 10")

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  12. DareDog

13. DareDog

pulley on crank had hard time gettin one. looked at pick and pull places a few times. fond one though.

Maybe try turning up the Torison bars?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

thank,what do u have the pump running off of?also on the secong last pic what is that on top of the pump on the clamp?

15. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

also how does it connect to crank,do u have much room when plow is up?does your bolt where the tow hooks went underneath,also do u have bigger springs on truck?

16. DareDog

its a stock 96 Z71

(yes tabs are bent was like it when i got it and it doesn't effect anything luckily)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. DareDog

18. DareDog

19. DareDog

here it is with plow on

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

yeah I need to try and get a pulley,using a winch for now,I installed the plow yester but it is way too low so I think I am gonna raise the pushbeam and cut some of the pushplates off at the bottom,that will prob give me about 2inch,I am only using it for my yard,can u get them pulleys at a fisher dealer and do I have to take the crank pulley off to install it