1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help ! What should i do about a spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Dieselman19, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

i bought a western stainless steel salter but im having problems with salt droping out the bottem door. so i talked to a guy who gave me a meyer mini spreader but it is missing everything it is only the poly hopper, so im not sure what spreader i should invest money into, i was thinking maybe i should get a vibrator for the western? im not to formiluar on the whole salting process so i dont know if a vibrator unit would work, and i need to decide if i should buy all of the parts for the meyer unit, do anyone have a meyer mini , i dont know if it will work better then the western, i know the mini has an auger and the western doesnt so i think that is the problem? What should i do??? I want to buy a brand new western 1000 but i just got into salting and i dont have any FULL time salt deals just by call so i cant see tieing up $1000 and i may only use it 1 or 2 times? :dizzy: