1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help!! What Kind of Spreader is this??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Ryan's Snow Rem, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Ryan's Snow Rem

Ryan's Snow Rem Member
    from Montana

Hey guys-anybody out there real good on spreader history? I bought this machine for $75 unseen-just looking for some suggestions on what brand it is!! (figured it would probably help when i order parts!!

Sander1.jpg

Sander3.jpg

Sander4.jpg

2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Something that I doubt works!

3. MDSP

MDSP Member

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I dont know what brand it is, but for 75 bucks and a little hard work that thing Will work again and he is going to make A LOT of money with it. Good Luck and keep us updated on how it turns out.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry, I can't help with the brand. But take your time, and you should be able to get it going. I would remove the belt/chain so you can isolate the engine from the spreader. Once you get that running, work on the rest of it. Make sure you can move the bed chain by hand before trying use the engine to move it.

Drain the oil, replace with fresh. Same for the gas, and pull the carb and clean it out I would pull the spark plug and give it a healthy dose of Deep Creep. Do that a couple of times over the course of a day. Try pulling it over by hand in the afternoon. If it it pulls over nice and smooth, new plug and give it a try.

6. Ryan's Snow Rem

Ryan's Snow Rem Member
    from Montana

By the way-it runs!

7. Ryan's Snow Rem

Ryan's Snow Rem Member
    from Montana

Thanks for the advice-it has been sitting for 2 years-and it started and ran-just needs a tune up! I'm gonna work on the conveyor chain tomorrow

8. Ryan's Snow Rem

Ryan's Snow Rem Member
    from Montana

Thanks! That's kind of what I thought as well. I'll get some more pics on here tomorrow or the next day

9. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Best of luck with it!

10. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe an older Flink v box? But can't say for sure. Does look familiar.

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Deep Creep might help with that too. All I use now is Fluid Film, or DC if I'm in a hurry.

12. hitachiman 200

hitachiman 200 Senior Member

Looks identical to a western to me

13. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

The westerns and flink were very similar, but if you look at the flow gate, notice what might possibly be original yellow paint?

14. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Looks suspiciously like my Flinks.... other than the grill on the side of the hood. Neither of mine have that.

15. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

the flow gate and the front sprocket adjustments look like a Hi_way. is it dual chain driven?
    EDIT...the vents cut into the shroud remind me of a henderson.. the tie downs (if they are original) don't look like Hi-Way

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  16. plowguy23

plowguy23 Junior Member

I know this thread is old, but that spreader looks like a Tarco Highlander..

17. bub3020

bub3020 Member
    from ma.

air-flo? OR MAYBE A HI-WAY

18. second income

second income Member

looks like a highway from then tabs welded to the body. I had a p-8 new in 1985 that looked very similiar

19. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

A HI Way from what I see

20. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

hi-way, i love mine. waaay more dependable than the new vboxes.