1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! What kind of plow is this for??

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TGS Inc., Nov 5, 2012.

1. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

I have a L8000 that we bought without a plow. I'm trying to find out what make this mount is for. My hunch is that it is a Monroe but I would love some other opinions.

Thanks!

Wayne

23 Plow 2.JPG

23 Plow.JPG

2. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

A snow plow:laughing:

3. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

I googled some pics to educate myself a little more on these bigger plows and that mount doesn't look like any Monroe's I have found yet. But I could be wrong.

4. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I believe it's known as a Husting Hitch. Sort of a generic term for several different manufacturers.

5. alpine779

alpine779 Member

DFD9 is right. It's a husting's hitch (or coupler if you will). It'll fit any plow that has that style receiver. You just drive in, pull the lever to lock the pins and drive away. We have one on our international. They do make them in different widths so be sure to measure the one you have so it matches the plow you buy.

6. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

Cool!! Thanks guys for all your help!!

-Wayne