1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP---Western V Box Spreader

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by IndyPlowman, Feb 10, 2010.

1. IndyPlowman

IndyPlowman Junior Member

:help: Does anyone know what would cause my Western V Box Spreader to not start? Normally their is a drain on the battery when I start it. I am not noticing that and it just clicks but wont start? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

solenoid could be bad. jump the solenoid and see if it starts. start it with jumper cables if not.

3. hitachiman 200

hitachiman 200 Senior Member

Is it the starter or the solinoid clicking?
    First check to see if you have power to the solinoid.
    Then check for power out of solinoid by jumping from hot side to the ign in post on solinoid(the small one). If no then use jumper cables to bypass the solinoid and start the engine. Carefull as there is a high amp draw here.
    Now check the bendix(gear on top of starter) it should move upwards when rotated to engage the flywheel.

4. IndyPlowman

IndyPlowman Junior Member

Thanks for the info guys. I took it in an got it serviced and they said that a piece of the starter had broken off. We replaced the starter and now it is working normally again.

5. hitachiman 200

hitachiman 200 Senior Member

Bendix?
    :bluebounc:bluebounc:bluebounc:bluebounc