1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Western unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by LADDER286, Oct 5, 2005.

1. LADDER286

LADDER286 Junior Member

Im in the process of hooking up my western unimount 6.5 the pump is not on yet its being re-worked,So i wanted to get an early start and hook up the electrics....ohh boy..... All wiring is hooked up just like the manual says but when i turn my truck headlights on with the 9 pin harness connected they stay on the plow's lights not do not come on.. any ideas??????? the solonoid is fine she is clicking in all modes im sure she will move but now my concern is the lights.... should i have stayed with meyers?????

2. rwilimo

rwilimo Member

Check the jumper plug by the isolation module, depending on you truck you have set the jumper to match. This got me when I did my install.

3. LADDER286

LADDER286 Junior Member

i dont see anything about a jumper plug???? color??? where and what does it look like

and thanks

4. rwilimo

rwilimo Member

On my harness near the isolation module there's a plug. In the kit there was a mating connector and some jumper wires. In the instructions it tells you how to configure for you truck/bulb type (I think I found this info on a fold out wire schematic, but I could be wrong about this, it was a few month's ago)

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Being that its a uni-mount it probably uses the relay type harness, You need to have the brown wire from the plow control harness hooked up to the truck marker lights to power up the relay and you need to have your ground wires hooked up also, but since you dont have the pump on yet you are missing the connection point for your grounds on the plow. Your best bet before you try and trouble shoot a problem you dont have is to wait until you have everything assembled and hooked to the truck, chances are is everything will then work.

6. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

These are all really good ideas but with a unimount its all about the relays. I had the same problem and I unhooked the relays and redid it according to the schematic and it worked. Sometimes juggling 20+ wires and 6 different relays one can get confused. :confused:

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

"Your best bet before you try and trouble shoot a problem you dont have is to wait until you have everything assembled and hooked to the truck,"

Yes, i said it again, I cant tell you how many times i've had trucks brought into the shop by someone whos half done with the job and wondering why one part doesnt work when they dont know that the other part is part of the whole package.