1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Western ultramount snowblade will not lower

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Mike51, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Mike51

Mike51 Junior Member

I have a Western ultramount snow blade that will go up and angle but will not release pressure to let it lower. any ideas ???

2. Mike51

Mike51 Junior Member

western snowplow

can anyone give me any ideas on what to check. It works sometimes but not when i need it like right now!

3. upplowin

upplowin Member
    from UP/MI

Well, I've still got problems with mine too...might be a cartridge value issue.. but if it goes down sometimes, when you get it down..put it in the float position and push the ram down all the way...if its got air in the system it will get it out....just one thing to check

4. GONZO911

GONZO911 Member

YOU DIDN'T SAY WHAT TYPE OF PLOW, BUT LOWER ON WESTERN INVOLVES, THE QUILL VALVE AND THE S-1 CARTRIDGE VALVE. IF QUILL IS TOO TIGHT PLOW WILL LOWER SLOWLY OR NOT AT ALL. ALSO PACKING ON THE LIFT RAM IF TOO TIGHT WILL CAUSE PROBLEM. IF THE S-1 ISN'T SHIFTING PLOW WON'T LOWER.
    CHECK westernplows.com AND GO TO SERVICE/PARTS, THERE ARE MECHANICS GUIDES THERE.