1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP western plow problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by redplow, Feb 23, 2009.

1. redplow

redplow Member

I just bought this plow. Its a 2005 76 pro ultra mount. I have everything wired up. When I move the joy sitck the pump makes sounds but the blade does not move up down or side to side. I have and isolation module. The way I have the motor relay wired is: Red wire that comes from the positive side of the battery and a small gauge red/green wire going to a big termanal. Then I have a red wire that goes on other big termanal which goes to the plow. Then the small termanals have a brown/red wire on one side and a black/orange wire on the other. There is also a second black/orange wire that has a quick disconnect plug and I have that wired to the neg on the bat. There is a red wire that goes in the cab and connects to the fuse box. I do not have the headlights hooked in but I tried putting the western headlight plugs into the isolation module and that didnt make it work either.

Where should I start? Any suggestions would help.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You have the solenoid wires right. Your not getting ground back from the solenoids on the plow more than likely. Did you cut the end off the blk/or wire with the disconnect or is it plugged into the other end like it should be?

3. redplow

redplow Member

How can I test if I am getting ground back from the solenoids?

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Easiest way is to go right to the coils/solenoids on the. Hook one end of the test light to pos on the battery and probe the terminal with the blk/or wire on the coil. Plow needs to be hook up to check.

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

A week ago I had a problem with the harness plow/truck. the motor would run when I moved the control to left or right..nothing happen.. I unhook the truck/plow harness and come to find out I had a pin that broke loose from the wired..

U might want to check the plow / truck harness to see if any pins are bent or broken..