1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Western joystick won't turn on!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by arh, Jan 6, 2008.

1. arh

arh Junior Member

I am very new to using our 2002 Jeep Wrangler with a new Western 6' plow. It has a joystick attachment with an on switch. It simply won't turn on. I have looked under hood, checked basically the connections. Tons of snow falling and it's all up to me! Can anyone suggest where to check so I finally use the joystick to control the blade? Thanks! It all worked fine on last Sunday.

2. sharpcutlc

sharpcutlc Junior Member

try the connection from joystick to fuse bax and follow the ground

3. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Follow your controler wire down, betreen there and the fuse box you will find a 6 amp fuse. You probably blew it. It is glass, and is shorter than a standard glass fuse. Check to make sure your connection at the fusebox is tight. Also, if this is a unimount, it won't come on until the plow is on and connected. This completes the ground.

Excuse the spelling. Just got off a plane and a little jet lagged, and too lazy to fix!!

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Is the truck on?

5. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

make sure both truck/plow connections are hooked together.

6. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

fuse

newer joysticks have small fuse inside....little tiny card type fuse.

7. jdadjstr

jdadjstr Junior Member

Western joystick

I had a Western Cab Control that wouldn't power on and after replacing the cab control unit, I'm good to go. I believe the circuit boards fail over time.