1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP. water in pump

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by snowkingnh, Jan 15, 2014.

1. snowkingnh

snowkingnh Junior Member

hey guys my buddy has a 2002 ford f-250 with an EZ-V 8'6" his whole hydraulic unit keeps getting water in it. I replaced the breather with the updated one, flushed all the fluid and replaced it, and replaced the cork gasket for the pump. After all that it some how still gets water in it. I will be working on it today at some point. If anyone has some thoughts on what it could be please let me know! I would really appreciate it.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Did you drain and flush the rams on the plow too?

Drain and flush the whole system.
    There isn't that many places that water can get in if fluid isn't leaking out.

Are we sure he doesn't have some "friends" screwing with him?

3. snowkingnh

snowkingnh Junior Member

We flushed the whole system rams and all. I dont think any one would mess with it. Any other thoughts?

4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Did you replace the pump shaft seal. This is why i made a cover for my pump.

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict