1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help waiting 6 weeks for light hookups

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by scottmke, Jan 29, 2010.

1. scottmke

scottmke Junior Member

Had ex80 installed on 06 f-250 6 weeks ago, 3 sets of wrong light hookups later and i still no lights...help

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

H13 or 2B? Only two choices. it's standard installation, so no real issues there. You'll need to be a little more descriptive.

3. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

I also have the wrong wiring harness and one of my brights doesntwork!?

4. scottmke

scottmke Junior Member

Smoorman....Thanx for the help...How Can I tell the difference???

5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

H13-replaceable bulb
    HB2 - sealed beam

google it for pics of the connectors

is your dealer helping you?

6. scottmke

scottmke Junior Member

Scott...Thank u...I believe the dealer is the problem at this point...at initial installation I was told You sent the wrong adapter and it would be overnighted...6 weeks and alot of phone calls later he finally teels me he has the right one..I show up he has two and theyre both wrong...proceeds to make a phone call while im there and says again that they will be overnighted..That was 4 days ago..Im gonna google it

7. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

do you have the clear headlights or the black plastic around a glass headlight. If you have the "upgraded" lights they are h13 if you have the base model XL than they are hb2

8. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

No, my dealer hasn't helped me and i have the hd plow on a 1990 chevy cheyenne 2500 if that helps with the wiring harness.

9. TonawandaNY

TonawandaNY Senior Member

In most cases the headlight type is etched into the headlight glass. So look at your headlight lenses and find which one of the abbreviations it is. It will say one or the other.

10. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

Should have got a western

Thanks, I will take a peek then let snoor know. It waskinda messed up when I ordered my plow I had an appointment to take it in so they canceled and said i had to wait a week to put it on. So, I called another shop who put it on that day. When I picked it up from A1 hitch and they said they couldn't put it on they opened one of my boxes and took 2 of the three wiring harnesses out. I bet they are keeping them and useing them on other wehicles when i paid for them and i know a place that would buy them. Now my lights dont work and those guys have my harnesses.