1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help w/ walk behind liquid sprayer!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Plow man Foster, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

ok well i found this shurflo 1.4 gpm pump for my sprayer only thing is......
    i was planning on powering it with a 12V battery but the pump is like 115V i think....
    Can i use a small ATV/ Motorcycle battery to power this?
    Would it run?
    Only reason i want to use this pump is because i found this BRAND NEW pump for $15 which is a steal for a shurflo top of the line pump!

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

The problem is 115 is household current, 12V is automotice current. So no a motorcycle, or atv battery is not going to make a 115 volt pump run. Hence the reason you cn buy it cheap. So save your pennies, and buy a 12V pump, or you can always go the route of a power inverter, but it won't run for very long, without being able to charge the battery, so then you would have to add wireing from your current battery to your portable cart and plug it in everytime you put the cart back in the truck. If you haven't noticed yet, insert the sarcasim here. By the time you buy everything to make it work, you could have just bought what you needed to begin with for less money.

3. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

ahahah thx yeah i thought the same so i just ordered a 12 volt one!