1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help w/uni-mount

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by 98dakota5.2, Nov 2, 2005.

1. 98dakota5.2

98dakota5.2 Junior Member

I have a 6'6" uni-mount on my Dakota,having problems getting it to lower all the way so I can disconnect it.The plow works great all around but when I disconnect from the truck it only lowers until the blade hits the ground.I have stood on top of lift channel while pressing the down button(pushbutton controller)I weigh 245 lbs. it won't budge.Any ideas?? thanks
  2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Do you still have the electric connected to the plow? If there is no power the pump won't respond to the controller. I always unhook the power after the rest of the removal is complete.

Also, do you have enough slack in the chain?
  3. 98dakota5.2

98dakota5.2 Junior Member

help w/umi-mount

Yes I have power connected and on.I have tried holding down button while pushing and standing on lift channel.Last time I took plow off truck it took two people applying pressure to lift channel.
  4. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

I have the same problem with my 6'6" Western unimount plow on a 1996 2dr s10 Blazer. I wedge my controller in the cup holder so the joystick is in the down position, I can then push down on the chain lift channel and my lift ram will go all the way down until the lift channel rests on the pump housing. Then there is plenty of slack in the chain and everything comes off easy. Sounds like you are doing the same thing but getting different results. I weigh 230# and have to lean on the lift arm but it goes down fairly easy, noway would it support me if I stood on it. Could you go to a parking lot or ditch were the plow could try to lower itself further down then what the front wheels are on and see if it goes lower or is binding on something ?