1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help w/ pro wings for meter 7.5

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jrodgers, Feb 6, 2003.

1. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

I am in the middle of installing pro wings on my Meyer 7.5. My question: Is the measurement of 8.5 inches by 9- 5/8 of an inch accurate for the 1- 1/8 in hole for the wing? It seems like it should be over a little or something. I am having trouble figuring out where exactaly to mount the pin brackets. It says " make sure the wing will pivot freely in and out of the 1-1/8 hole while resting on the pin brackets. I am having trouble with this step. Can anyone shed some light on this for me. A picture of this area of the installed wing would be great! Going to snow (supposedly) tonight and I am trying to get them on so I can use them tommorow. Thank for any info...

2. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

when i mounted my pro-wings, i held the two brackets in place with vise-grips, and adjusted the wing acordingly, until it looked right. i marked the holes, drilled them, and bolted it all up.

i used thier measurments as a start, and moved them around just a touch.

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Measure exactly how they tell you,i'm not sure off hand of the exact measurement but that sounds right,whatever they wrote,measure WITH the curve of the blade,i torched my holes,you may need to ream them a bit when your done but measure and cut your holes(don't panic,it will work out)then you can set your wing up and clamp the pin brackets in place(an extra pair of hands is very handy here)slow down and read the instructions again,i had to read them a couple times before it sank in!once you get the first one the second will fly!

4. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

Thanks alot guys , you were right. I just got the first one on and the second should go alot faster. I just had a little bit of a brain fart, but once I read the directions a couple of times I had to say "DUH" I was right on course. I am anxious to see how they work, it is already snowing here started about 9:00 Thanks again.....JR

5. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Glad to see ya got them figured out:waving:
    I sat here last night trying to come up with a helpful post, but had no luck.

:confused:

I guarantee you'll like them.
    Mark K