1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help w/ bidding sub'd drive

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by BLMsnow-removal, Nov 6, 2013.

1. BLMsnow-removal

BLMsnow-removal Junior Member

I have been invited to bid on a sub'd drive. The main drive is 1mi each direction and also has 6 side streets that are .10 mi. each direction and each has cul-de-sac. So it would be roughly 4mi if not slightly more on final cleanup as may have to make couple passes in each direction. I could use some input as to how many hours per 2" and how much salt it would take(estimate) to salt. I have an idea however I want to remain competitive therefore I am seeking other opinions. I mainly do smaller parking lots and driveways and haven't had opportunity to bid such a property partly due to inexperience and not wanting to shoot myself in the foot or be the guy that bids just to secure the work as I currently have good accounts, this is just icing on the cake, persay. Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated!