1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP vee pro 6000

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by CJNORD, Dec 8, 2010.

1. CJNORD

CJNORD Junior Member

My snow ex vee pro 6000 the spinner is not spinning. Sometimes get oe code. Check harness everything pluged in. Could it be the spinner motor? Is their a plug inside the case? Thanks....

2. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Not sure on the code. Do you hear anything when you turn in on? Does it sound like the motor is trying to run but won't?

3. Indy

Indy Senior Member

is it empty or is salt packed in it??

4. CJNORD

CJNORD Junior Member

Empty no salt in

5. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I looked in my snowex manual and it doesn't list a oe code, but it does list a eo code which is an open circuit between the motor and controller. Check the connection for the spinner motor. Get some electrical cleaner spray and spray it into the both plugs. After that use some dielectric grease and coat the conections. I had that code and that's what fixed it.

6. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

thats "open electric" meaning there is a bad connection or a broken wire. i had that on my VeePro 8000 and had to replace the harness. i went with one from Karrier Co. seems like it is a lot better than OEM.

7. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

As stated

As others have already stated, check your connections. It could potentially be your spinner motor. I had the EO error and it was simply a connection at the plug that was corrected by simply adding some dielectric grease.

Good luck.

8. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

One of my spreaders did this a year ago, the "weather-proof" housing that the spinner was housed in was full of water, shorted out the motor

9. W.F.D. Plower

W.F.D. Plower Member

I drilled drain holes in my weather-proof housing because it was holding water. Other than that its a great spreader, just keep all of your connections clean and greased!

10. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Mine was the connectors on the back of the controller