1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help! V10 pinging

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by V10SCOTTY, Mar 19, 2005.

1. V10SCOTTY

V10SCOTTY Member
    from Ontario

Hey guys I got a 1998 V10 with 210,000 kms. :confused: Today I had to pull out and pass someone...and it started pinging,So I tried giving it some throttle here and there thinking it might have been a fluke thing but it still pings at WOT its most definitly a timing issue.I don't have a distributor so now what?I thought maybe bad gas but I have been buying gas from the same place for the last 2 years and I have asked a few guys who buy gas from the same place and they say they're not having problems.So Its a problem with my truck.I just changed the plugs earlier this winter,I checked the wires for resistance and they were good.I made sure the #7 and the #5 wires weren't running next to each other.I reset my ECU today after the pinging,but that did no good.The only thing I can think of is to pull the heads off and check for burnt valves.So whats the next thing I need to do.This truck is way to heavy for a boat anchor so scratch that idea.lol
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2005