1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help--Two Problems!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by grinch1989, Dec 19, 2008.

1. grinch1989

grinch1989 Member
    from CT

The first big storm of the year and I have two problems I can't seem to figure out.

1) When I operate the power hitch to pull the plow to the truck and lift it slightly, the "hook" at the end of the arm will fully pivot before the arm starts raising up. This means it does not hook the push beam correctly, it grabs a small amount rather than hooking the whole back side like it should. Help!

2) When lowering the plow it stops just short of touching the ground. I tried to increase the drop speed and greased the electrical connection. Lower/flow does not make a difference. It does this 9 out of 10 times.

It is a blizzard 720lt.

Please help, lots more driveways to do! Thanks!

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

You need to tighten the bolt that the latch pivots on. This will make the latch curl only when the power hitch clamp is used. this will also solve your drop problem as the draw latch hook is under the push beam and the plow can't drop all the way.

Jerre

3. grinch1989

grinch1989 Member
    from CT

Thanks Jerre! That makes sense, I will give it a shot! :salute:

4. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

You really need to get blizzard to start cutting you a check :jester:

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Well if enough of you guys email them about it I might get a certificate for a cup of coffee.

6. grinch1989

grinch1989 Member
    from CT

That worked like a charm! Thanks again Jerre!