1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help twisted v plow power vxt

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by PLOWINHD, Dec 31, 2012.

PLOWINHD Member

Hi guys, haven't really assessed the damage in the daylight yet but I caught the edge of an electric chain link gate the other night and ripped it right off the hinges. The gate is fixed now but I noticed while unhooking my plow last night that the side that did the damage is now sitting out four to five inches further when fully retracted than the other side, has anyone done this before? If so what are my best options in straightening it out? Thanks in advance..

PLOWINHD Member

Oh by the way I was backing up when it caught.
  3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Umpph. Look at the boxed in area on the back of that wing at the bottom of the plow - angle the wing out. The weld between the boxed in area and that last inner rib, I hope I'm wrong but 50 cent says that whole weld is broken.

Boss doesn't know it, but we're actually their test dummy for breaking things and I just fixed one of those. Weld was already cracked, I knew it and sent the truck out anyway, I think he or me caught it on a curb while backing up.

Because we have the tools to fix it and I was mad at myself for allowing it to happen, I gutted it out and fixed it, next time it's a new wing.
  4. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

need detailed pixys ........