1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP ! Truck wont move !!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Dieselman19, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

I have a 2000 F-350 Powerstroke diesel, and tonight when i was heading out i remote started it and let it warm up and got in and pushed on the accelerator and it moved real slow and the harder i pushed it accelerated but real slow and finally topped out around 20 mph the motor sounded fine, but it just wont go. I stopped and shut it off and restarted it and it did the same thing, so i then put it in neutral and reved it up and then tried again and it went, seemed fine after that, Any help would be great, im lost :dizzy:

2. Kosty

Kosty Member

what color smoke? u could of got some bad diesel

3. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

kinda sounds to me like a tourqe conveter. There was no fluid in it (park doesnt pump fluid) and then when you put it in neutral and reved the engine it got the fluid moving and then it worked fine.
    Evan

4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I'd check your tranny fluid level.

5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

yup, sounds like converter drainback. If it does it again drop it in N and run it for a few seconds to pump the fluid in. If it happens several times I expect the anti-drainback valve (a check valve in the trans to keep the converter full of fluid) is leaking and needs replacement. Check the fluid level make sure you're not low.

6. Grunt0311

Grunt0311 Member

Go to fordtruckenthusiasts.com and do a search. There is plenty of info on there under the 7.3 forum. If you havent been there before, you definately should! You can find answers to just about anything with those guys!