1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help !!! truck turns over slow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Dieselman19, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

Hi I have a 2000 F-350 and the past couple of months i have had a problem with the truck starting hard and not turning over fast enough. I had the batteries tested and the alternator tested. but i noticed the larger draw on is when the glow plugs are on when i "wait to start" you can see the lights dim and the radio cut in and out. How can you test to see if the glow plugs are drawing to much or do you have any other suggestions? Im puzzled and i hate to think how much trouble i will have in the middle of the winter

2. RSK

RSK Senior Member

hi check your starter on it. my truck did the same thing hope this helps
    the starter will draw a lot of power off your truck if it is going bad take the starter
    off and take it to the parts store they can check it for you.
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

While your doing the starter test clean all the cable connections and put dielectric grease on them. If the truck has a starter relay I would replace it too. I don't know if your newer truck has one. I am still stuck in unlead land.
  4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

It really sounds like a bad battery or two.
  5. TEX

TEX Senior Member

im with RSK sounds like the starter glow plugs shouldnt draw more or less even if bad
  6. Bigblue250

Bigblue250 Member

Like oldmankent said, how old are your batteries. If they are 6years old it is time for a new pair.