1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help trouble shooting short

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by bowtie_guy, Oct 3, 2013.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Recently noticed when i turned on my show me hidden stobes they were not working. Power light stayed red so unplugged one strobe harness at a time. With one of them unplugged the remaining 3 strobes work fine. I then unplugged the light head and plugged the harness back into the module. It worked fine, 4 cables and 3 strobes plugged in.

So shy of taking one of my other lights apart to try it on that cable do you think this is the light that is the problem? Kind of seems like it but maybe without a light plugged in the cable checks ok.

Thanks for your opinion!
  2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I would stick another light on that cable to see if it works.
  3. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

yes i tend to agree, should just do that and then be sure. Guess just required someone else to say that.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Try the light new light, but if that doesn't work I would start pulling cables out and checking for a short. The last thing you want is a fire.
  5. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

yes hopefully this week get it figured out. Currently the cable and light giving issues is unplugged so safe.

Will post results.
  6. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Well tried today and looks like the light is shorted out not the cable. So need to order a new amber strobe bulb then good to go!! yay:D