1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help to mount Plow on 1992 gmc

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by t-dawg1982, Oct 14, 2009.

1. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

Hi I just bought an old style 8ft fisher,it came off a 92 ford f-150 and I want to put on my 1992 gmc,I got it for $200 and I know how to weld,just wondering what is involved and how hard,also where do I mount the hydrolic system under the hood,this is my first plow,any help would be great,thanks alot

2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Do you have a digital camera? We need to see the plow in as much detail as you can deliver. You can probably find some old push plates that will work on your GMC for that plow. Guys retro fit plows onto older trucks all the time. It does'nt have to be such a big deal. Just make sure you do as little fab work as necessary and to over engineer for safety. If you think, for example 3/8 plate will do, grab some 1/2 inch.

3. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

is it ok to move the pushbeam up abit higher so I can cut off some of the pushplates at the bottom to get some clearance,also will I get much room cranking the torsion bars?

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Depends how cranked they already are

5. t-dawg1982

t-dawg1982 Member
    from canada

I don't think they are cranked at all,I bought it from an older man all orig,but about moving up the pushbeam will that be ok?