1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help the Insane

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BeastMaster, Nov 5, 2010.

1. ALmost plow time and I have not bought my first truck plow. Still have the ATV. I've looked at SOOO many plows. DOn't know what to go with.

I'm doing residential and a cpl. of small lots. I have a 1998 2500 Dodge gas long bed. What plow do I want ??? Searched Craig's list bald. Not much out there...and a mount just damn near doesn't exist.

PLEASE email me w/you suggestions and opinions. I have to get a good, used plow very soon. I only get about 3 plowable snows a winter is all, so I can't see spending the money for a new plow.
    Thanks Ya'll

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

waiting this long to find a used one may make you have to buy new...good luck
  3. What is the easiest plow to mount and take off since don't have many snows ?

BOSS TOY Member

i have been told Boss has a very good/quick hitching system. I have a sport duty 7'6" and it is quick.tymusic
  5. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

my boss RT3 is MUCH easier than my fisher:nod:
  6. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

Go with a Boss...the Smarthitch two system is amazing. very simple.
  7. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Oh Ya..My Fisher Plows Better...:laughing:...Go with a plow you can get service on it when needed...Dealer Support is key...Opinions are like A@#Holes everyone has one..So you get alot of Opinions on here....:help:
  8. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Yes you are right. Everyone has opinions, but if everyone does voice their opinion, and one particular thing has a lot more positive opinions than another, shouldnt that say something? No offense, but i think opinions are very important, and then i just listen to all opinions and take the one that has the majority
  9. "take the one that has the majority "

That's what I'm here for. Hell, I'll buy whatever. I can't come to a conclusion.
  10. BOSS TOY

BOSS TOY Member

If you want easy to take on and off buy a BOSS:dizzy:
  11. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

Buy what you can get parts for locally. Some auto parts stores and TSC's carry some parts as well.
    www.searchtempest.com will makeyour craigslist searcing easier.