1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$$ help storm on its way and my plow lights are no working$$$$$

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MJJMOTA01, Jan 27, 2009.

1. MJJMOTA01

MJJMOTA01 Junior Member

Have mm ii every thing works but no respone from head lights.they are off and my truck head lights are on. Truck is 2005 f 350 diesel 3 port and i checked every thing does it sound like a mougder needs replacement or what? Need all the help i can get!!!!!!! And oh yea i did replace head lights,their seems to be no power going to them.
  2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

check the ground wire that goes from the headlights to the pump( only if you have old style lights)
  3. Captain

Captain Senior Member

Where in Mass are you???
  4. MOXIE

MOXIE Member

Lights swithing over

You can check that by jumping #2 to #7 terminal on the truck side light harness. The loop completes the circuit so that the module knows the plow is pluged in. PM me with any ???? MOXIE
  5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

New install or existing and the problem just occur?
  6. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

Make sure the connection to the running light is good. I'm not sure, but the running lights sould still activate the module to switch the lights.
  7. MJJMOTA01

MJJMOTA01 Junior Member

Thanks for the help still could not fix it.so i ran into a panic grabbed some old set of lights i had sitting around then i
    cut the old harness off
    just unplugged my head lights (off the plow)
    ran some wireing to each of the old head light harness
    snaked them though the housing
    wired the plow head lights to go on by a switch
    now for this storm i have plow lights that work and when i drop the plow i will turn on my truck head lights also.
    I kind of like that haveing 4 head lights on at the same time,because i my trucks work for the state and this truck rides down plowwing the yellow lines as the lead truck for a 2 lane state highway and the people always play chicken with me until they see i am plowwing and at the last minute they sway away.so maybe with so many lights they wont mess with me. But i will be repairing the plow back to stock because i think i save myself alot down the road. And by the way this truck has pushed snow with the same setup for 2 years and out of the blue the head lights just stopped working!!!!!
  8. ColliganLands

atleast you got it working for now
    could be the iso module
    where abouts in MA do you plow?
  9. MJJMOTA01

MJJMOTA01 Junior Member

My plow routes are rt 44 in seekonk and rt24 and 79 in fall river mass!
  10. ColliganLands

i plow for wrentham and my route is all off 121 so i was wondering if you were on that
    but i guess not lol