1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Storm coming - Murphy's law!!!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by karimdurham, Dec 28, 2015.

1. karimdurham

karimdurham Member

Of course something goes wrong night before a storm in New England! I have a Fisher MM1 plow with 3 plug. My low beams work on truck, left plow light on and right one is not on. I hit high beams and left light is on and right one is off. All driving/parking lights work.
    1) I am hoping its just the bulb.n Running out of time, so hoping someone knows how I find what bulb to buy.
    2) Could be a wiring/connection issue?

All help appreciated.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck the plow fuses first.
    Then remove the back of the headlights and test light for headlight power
  3. karimdurham

karimdurham Member

Thanks Dieselss. Its only the right plow headlight. I take off the back of the back (black) part section and put a meter to that? what should I look for for a reading?
  4. dieselss

Test light.
    Your checking to see if your truck and Iso module are sending power to the plow headlight.
    Do you have the big night hawks lights?
  5. karimdurham

karimdurham Member

Don't even know what that means LOL. If it matters, I am not using dialectic grease, should I start there as well or does it matter?
  6. dieselss

No it doesn't matter at this point.
    So do you have the rectangular lights, or big and roundish?
    Did you check all the "plow" fuses. Should be 4.
  7. karimdurham

karimdurham Member

rectangular and I will do. Where is the fuse for that lamp? Didn't realize each headlight had independent fuse, since parking light and blinker works on that side. Thanks again for all your help
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't touch anything till it stops snowing,don't need lights to plow.
  9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

I would put grease on every connection.. And surviving with one light isnt the end of the world for one storm
  10. dieselss

4 port Iso module I assume?
  11. karimdurham

karimdurham Member

Yes 4 port. I will not touch it anymore until after. Great point!
  12. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

X2, before you break something trying to fix it. Btw sounds like a bad ground or maybe just the bulb.
  13. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

This is why my plow lights are on separate (custom made by me) relays. I will NEVER have to deal with this issue, as my plow lights are on Toggle Switches to relays from inside the cab. I simply put my running lights on, and flip a friggin switch. Not a big deal, and best part is that if something goes wrong with the plow relays I can turn on my truck headlamps instead by just pulling the switch out one more click.

But yes.... Wait till daybreak so you can deal with all the tards out there on their way to work.:laughing:
  14. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Make sure all 4 plugs on the isolation module are fully inserted and have dielectric grease on them.
  15. FredG

FredG PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing: Tards that's a classic, Your showing your age that word was used all the time here, Just have not heard anyone use it in awhile, Love it. :laughing::waving: O I will use it when I see my boys today should be good.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016