1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

help starting new biz

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Big Time Plow, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Big Time Plow

Big Time Plow Junior Member

I'm just getting started in the business and would like some usefull info on pricing and insurance i am purchasing a 2004 ram 2500 slt quad cab with a boss plow and would also like to know what you all think about spreaders as far as what kind to get.
  2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry everyone but I beat you to the punch...

Welcome to plowsite, Big Time. It is always great to see new people in here.

To answer your questions, try using the search feature. All of your questions have been discussed in great length i other posts.

As far as the spreader goes, it dependson what type of material you are spreading and how much. If you are only doing a lot or two, I would go with a tailgate spreader.

As far as pricing and insurance... search the other posts. MAKE SURE you get general liability insurance. Especially if you plan to plow commercially.

I just noticed you are in Tinley Park. Feel free to use my NEXTEL direct conect ID and call me if you want to.
  3. Big Time Plow

Thanx Plow Meister i need all the help i can get right now
  4. SatZ28

SatZ28 Member

If you ready, or close to go plowing this year, Snow Systems in Wheeling may be looking for subs. Check the networking forum for other potential Il sub work if your close to starting up.
  5. Big Time Plow

thanx satz28 will do