1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help, Snow ex spreader losing salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Lcmains1, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Lcmains1

Lcmains1 Member

bought a 1 year old snow ex vmaxx 7550 as a 2nd spreader. Installed it and used it for the 1st time last night. When I loaded the hopper for the 1st time salt kept running out the chute. I tuned the auger on and it stopped but still trickled out a little as I was driving. When I loaded it later in the night it id it again. This is the 1st auger spreader I've had. Is something wrong with it or does the auger have to be in a certain position? I was a little shocked with it just poured out
  2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

They have a cover plate that sort of shrouds the auger at the back..does your have one?
  3. Lcmains1

Lcmains1 Member

it has a plate that sits at about a 45 degree angle covering the auger at the back.
  4. rebert

rebert Senior Member

There is another one that is removable to help with flow of wet materials. I'll try and find a pic