1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help: Snow Events for SD/MN??

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by bullettooth81, Sep 30, 2010.

1. bullettooth81

bullettooth81 Senior Member

When pricing for the season, how many pushable snow events would you could on for North East SD? What gets used in the Minneapolis area? I'm sure I'd be close to that. I was thinking I heard it was between 16-20..

THANKS!

2. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

the last 30 yrs, we've averaged 17...last 4-5, 20-22

3. bullettooth81

dayexco,
    Are you out of Watertown, SD? Do you run a commercial plowing company? Ever looking for Subs?

4. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

typically, yes...but it appears we won't be doing the target store this year. the national taking care of the account didn't respond to an email the other day asking if we had it or not, so i assume we didn't get it..."had it for over 10 years now"....so we took on some other properties to make up for it.

5. bullettooth81

Thats a bad deal! Sorry to hear that. If you ever find yourself shorthanded, let me know.

Good luck!

6. bill powers

bill powers Junior Member

I live in Lead/Deadwood, we average 60 to 80 per year with an average of 250-350 inches per year. I am looking for sub's and another employee but having no luck at all.