1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HELP! Snow Coming!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BoulderBronco, Apr 30, 2013.

1. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

Just hooked the plow up for another storm coming in tonight. It's not working right. FYI it's a Fisher 8.5' Xtreme V. The left wing will not move forward when hitting scoop button or the left side independent button. However it will move in when using that independent button or the V button. That left wing will work as normal when hitting left or right. Meaning if I hit right the left wing will move out. So worst case is I can plow using it straight.
    But what could be causing this? It's obviously able to move out just not with all buttons. So I'm thinking it's an electric issue but I don't know. FYI when hitting the left wing independent button you can hear the pump working and the lights dim. So it's getting the signal it's just not operating.
    Any thoughts on where to start diagnosing this?
  2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Check your connections at the grille first for water and a good connection.
  3. LON

LON Senior Member

blown fuse under the pump cover? Had a customer who drove 1-1/2hrs in with a joystick that wasn't responding correctly. I replaced a 4amp fuse and set him back on his way
  4. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

Thanks guys. Got it figured out. It was a bad connection at the solenoids. I had looked at those connections but they looked good. Upon a closer check one of the spade connectors was loose.
  5. tyler886

tyler886 Member
    from RI

You should give me a good deal on a bumper for my Centurion Thumbs Up