1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Help Sno Way 22 Series Plow Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by NORTHUP87, Dec 2, 2013.

1. NORTHUP87

NORTHUP87 Junior Member

Hello All,
    I am having issues with my Sno way 22 series plow.

I have read thru the archives and tryed everything the site has to offer.

Here is a little background:

I currently have no functions. Unit is resting on the ground.

It is the old gray wireless remote unit.

Plow has power to into unit.

Wireless remote comes on and has been synced to wireless reciever by jumping the two prongs as per instruction manual. Have zeroed it and went thru the process, the remote will flash when a function is hit, but should the light on the reciever flash when a function signal is sent from the remote? The light on the reciever is remaing unlite.

I can jump soleniod and motor will run.

How can I tell whether it is the Solenoid or the wireless reciever that has gone bad.

A.J. Downey
    Newberry, Mi
  2. mikras1

mikras1 Junior Member

When my 22 was doing what you describe, putting new batteries in the remote fixed it. I thought if the remote flashed that meant it was okay, but that is not always the case.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

With the unit on check to see if you have 12volts to the Red wire with the white stripe that runs to all the coils and the red wire with the black stripe that feed power to the receiver.

If not check to see if you have blown the fuses feeding the receiver module (black box under pump cover)

If the fuses are good and there is power to the red wire with black stripe but no power to the red wire with the white stripe than the receiver unit is shot/fried/trash.